- On August 16, 2023
- 0 Comments
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a blog post. It can be difficult at times to come up with content, but this now is the hardest post I’ve ever done. As the world now knows, Lahaina is gone. There are a number of images I’ve shot over the years in this incredible town. Images that include the following:
I’m heartbroken that this town was lost in less than 20 minutes. But even more so for the lives this has affected. The families that have not only lost their homes, but family members as well.
During this time there are a multitude of charities – some honest, some not-so-much. The following charities are honest and can be trusted:
- Maui Strong Fund : The Maui Strong Fund was created to provide community resilience with resources for disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. The fund is currently being used to support communities affected by the wildfires on Maui.
- American Red Cross of Hawaii : Providing food, shelter and hope for those impacted by natural disasters. This fund is used to support communities affected by the wildfires on Maui.
- Hawaii Salvation Army: Providing meals for thousands displaced in shelters.
- Maui Humane Society : Providing medical assistance to animals injured in the fires as well as shelter and assistance for displaced pets.
Latest posts by Pono Images (see all)
- Maui Wildfires – Wildfire Update - August 16, 2023
- Now Available – “Sunset on the Sneffels Range” by Pono Images - February 15, 2021